[Geany-devel] Multiple instances of Geany issues

Dimitar Zhekov hamster at xxxxx
Mon May 24 12:55:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 20:32:33 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 May 2010 18:18, Dimitar Zhekov <hamster at mbox.contact.bg> wrote:
> >
> > If we want the filetype save to be consistent with "Edit -> Preferences"
> > and "Project -> Properties", I think the commands should be saved on
> > "Build -> Set build commands", for both main and secondary sessions.
> > And since there is nothing else to be saved, main_quit() will not need
> > to do filetypes_save_commands(), hence no race.
>
> Sounds like a plan.

Here it is then.

> > (BTW, closing 2+ Wordpad-s works just fine for us - the save prompts
> > appear one by one. Win~1 waits for a program to close before asking
> > the next program to quit.)
> >

> But what happens when there are no unsaved files to use the user as
> the serialising critical section :)

The save prompts one-by-one means that Win~1 sends WM_QUIT to foo.exe,
waits for the message to be processed (i.e. the foo.exe to be closed),
and only then sends WM_QUIT to bar.exe. That's fine even if there are no
unsaved files. I only needed the prompts as a visual indicator of the
message processing, not as serializer.

--
E-gards: Jimmy