[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Dimitar Zhekov hamster at xxxxx
Wed May 19 11:09:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 11:07:09 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:23:31 +0300%
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > (If a second instance of geany is run without passing filenames to
> > > the first, -i is implied).

Not quite, the post-0.18 versions of geany include a socket-file
option. Personally I prefer one socket per desktop, with the same
configuration directory.

> Now committed, together with "Tools > Save configuration" menu item.

I hope "Save configuration" works for all instances, and not for the
"main" instance only, as someone suggested. With "main", the options
can be saved by "Edit -> Preferences -> OK" anyway, and I would like to
be able to save them from a secondary instance, and run a new Geany
with them.

--
E-gards: Jimmy