[Geany-devel] Scintilla 2.03 Update

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Mar 8 22:58:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 23:22:08 +0100, Colomban wrote:

Hey,

>Interesting stuff indeed!
>But there's a "major" (small, but I use it often) change that can (is,
>for me) be very annoying: middle-click somewhere /always/ places the
>cursor on the click position, even if virtual spaces are disabled. Why
>is this a big deal? because when pasting with the mouse (X-style), the
>pasted chunk is placed exactly where the mouse where at the click
>rather than at the start of the line - well, virtual space.

Besides the fact that you don't like the behaviour, I'm pretty sure
this has been the behaviour for a quite some time. To verify, I just
tried an old 0.17 build and it behaves the same.
So, I think this is at least no new bug/regression of the Scintilla
update.

I think to remember we changed this some time in the past from the
behaviour you want and the current one. Changing it back probably would
cause new bug reports of those users who like the current behaviour :).
So, as often, the solution seems to be a new preference.
Still, I might be wrong. I'll have a closer look tomorrow and will try
to find the corresponding bug report (I think to remember there was
one).

>PS: if I should have reported this through the bugtracker, please tell
>me so I could do so last time :)

No worries, posting bugs here on the list is fully ok.