[Geany-devel] Scintilla 2.03 Update

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Mar 8 22:22:08 UTC 2010

Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> Hey guys,
>
> I just updated our Scintilla copy to its latest version 2.03.
> This brings some bugfixes but most importantly it adds a new feature:
> virtual spaces.
> There is a new preference in the Preferences dialog, Editor->Display
> tab to enable and disable it.
>
> […]
>

> There may be some regressions or other small problems with the update.
> If you find anything, just report it.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Hi,

Interesting stuff indeed!
But there's a "major" (small, but I use it often) change that can (is,
for me) be very annoying: middle-click somewhere /always/ places the
cursor on the click position, even if virtual spaces are disabled. Why
is this a big deal? because when pasting with the mouse (X-style), the
pasted chunk is placed exactly where the mouse where at the click rather
than at the start of the line - well, virtual space.

Regards,
Colomban

PS: if I should have reported this through the bugtracker, please tell
me so I could do so last time :)