[Geany-devel] Scintilla 2.03 Update

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Mar 8 23:14:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 23:22:08 +0100, Colomban wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
>> Interesting stuff indeed!
>> But there's a "major" (small, but I use it often) change that can (is,
>> for me) be very annoying: middle-click somewhere /always/ places the
>> cursor on the click position, even if virtual spaces are disabled. Why
>> is this a big deal? because when pasting with the mouse (X-style), the
>> pasted chunk is placed exactly where the mouse where at the click
>> rather than at the start of the line - well, virtual space.
>
> Besides the fact that you don't like the behaviour, I'm pretty sure
> this has been the behaviour for a quite some time. To verify, I just
> tried an old 0.17 build and it behaves the same.
> So, I think this is at least no new bug/regression of the Scintilla
> update.
>
> […]
No no, you misunderstood me, it's not about click position vs. cursor
position, for me it's all OK (even more, better than pasting at cursor
position).
No, what I'm talking about is clearly virtual-spaces-related: if you
paste something with middle-click by clicking after the end of a line
(at the right of the EOL), it was used to paste at the end of line. Now,
it pastes at the exact click position, then it adds as much spaces as it
needs from the former EOL to the click position. Just try to
middle-click somewhere outside line bounds (even without data to paste),
you'll see ;)

Regards,
Colomban