[Geany-devel] Find in files - Re: Patches required by gproject

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Fri Jun 25 23:12:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 17:31, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:32:38 +0200
> Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > I wanted the Files box to be there and wanted to tidy up some things in
>> > the GUI code so that's done now.
>>
>> Looks good. I was just wondering about what separator should be used
>> to separate the individual patterns - in gproject I used semicolon
>> because this makes it consistent with filetype_extensions.conf. What's
>> the reason for using space (readability, some other settings that uses
>> spaces or something else)? If you decide for space I'll change
>> gproject to make it consistent with the FIF dialog.
>
> Readability - it's a GUI setting. SciTE does it like that and it looks
> good.

OK.

>> > I probably won't add a 'Use project patterns' checkbox for a while so
>> > patches are welcome.
>>
>> I'll do that. I've already modified gproject to make it easier to
>> integrate it with current geany project and after modifying geany,
>> I'll send all the necessary patches together.
>
> I'm not sure what gproject wants to do with this, I assumed Geany's
> Project Properties dialog 'patterns' field would be used rather than
> changing the API, so it would be a core feature rather than gproject.
> What do you have in mind?

In gproject I have three kinds of patterns - header file patterns,
source file patterns and others file patterns (see the original
announcement email to see what I use them for). For search I want to
use all of these patterns. Of course it would be possible for the user
to manually copy and paste all of these patterns to another edit box,
but this is not really nice from the user perspective. So I'd like to
be able to define the patterns used for search from within gproject.

Regards,

Jiri