[Geany-devel] remove some status bar fields - Re: configurable status line?

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Jun 25 16:55:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:37:52 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, everyone,
> > >
> > > The status line is pretty crowded, as you know, so how about making it
> > > configurable? Something like:
> > >
> > > line: %l / %n\t col: %c\t sel: %s ...
> > >
> > > I can write it, if you think that's a good idea.
> >
> > I don't think it's worth it.
>
> You're right about the status line being crowded though.
>
> I think we shouldn't show the line count, but maybe show it in the goto
> line dialog instead and maybe as a tooltip to the goto line toolbar
> field.
>
> Also, I don't think we need the INS / OVR indication - the cursor
> changes from vertical to an underline and this is probably clear enough.

It can also show RO for readonly files. Which also is indicated by
the green tab color, but we shoudn't rely on that for accesibility
reasons...

> Does this sound OK?

Personally I'd also remove the MOD indicator, the red tab color is
enough _for me_... well, that's why I siggested configurable.

--
E-gards: Jimmy