[Geany-devel] remove some status bar fields - Re: configurable status line?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jun 25 16:59:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:55:43 +0300
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:37:52 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I don't think we need the INS / OVR indication - the cursor
> > changes from vertical to an underline and this is probably clear enough.
>
> It can also show RO for readonly files. Which also is indicated by
> the green tab color, but we shoudn't rely on that for accesibility
> reasons...

In that space, but we can just save the space unless it's read-only.

> Personally I'd also remove the MOD indicator, the red tab color is
> enough _for me_... well, that's why I siggested configurable.

As RO, it's needed when there's no tabs.

Regards,
Nick