[Geany-devel] remove some status bar fields - Re: configurable status line?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jun 25 11:37:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:58:11 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:31:03 +0300
> Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, everyone,
> >
> > The status line is pretty crowded, as you know, so how about making it
> > configurable? Something like:
> >
> > line: %l / %n\t col: %c\t sel: %s ...
> >
> > I can write it, if you think that's a good idea.
>
> I don't think it's worth it.

You're right about the status line being crowded though.

I think we shouldn't show the line count, but maybe show it in the goto
line dialog instead and maybe as a tooltip to the goto line toolbar
field.

Also, I don't think we need the INS / OVR indication - the cursor
changes from vertical to an underline and this is probably clear enough.

Does this sound OK?

Regards,
Nick