[Geany-devel] save all on build - Re: Patches required by gproject

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jun 20 22:57:16 UTC 2010

>> I agree that there should be an option in preferences. On the other
>> hand, I understand that with how the geany project works it doesn't
>> know what files belong to the project - the subtree starting from
>> base_path may be a subset of the project and you have no way to tell
>> whether an open file outside the tree belongs to the project or not.

You are right, there is no way to tell, and it also has to work
without a project so initially I am only going to offer the options
save none, save current or save all.

Because of the way the build dialog is planned to operate it is
actually easier to make this an option you can choose per menu item.
This also makes it possible to choose to save all for the make
commands and only save current for the compile commands if thats how
you want it to operate.

PS Jiri, of course you can override these settings from your plugin so
you can tell the builder not to save anything and then save whatever
you want in the plugin when you get the build signal.