[Geany-devel] save all on build - Re: Patches required by gproject

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jun 21 12:29:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:57:16 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I agree that there should be an option in preferences. On the other
> >> hand, I understand that with how the geany project works it doesn't
> >> know what files belong to the project - the subtree starting from
> >> base_path may be a subset of the project and you have no way to tell
> >> whether an open file outside the tree belongs to the project or not.

The base path should be the root of all project files.

> You are right, there is no way to tell, and it also has to work
> without a project so initially I am only going to offer the options
> save none, save current or save all.

Perhaps that is OK.

> Because of the way the build dialog is planned to operate it is
> actually easier to make this an option you can choose per menu item.
> This also makes it possible to choose to save all for the make
> commands and only save current for the compile commands if thats how
> you want it to operate.

Lex, this makes the design too complex. A global pref would be enough.

Regards,
Nick