[Geany-devel] project build dialog - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon Jun 14 17:18:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 03:26, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 June 2010 10:04, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 02:59, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (snip)

>>> Sorry, maybe I'm going blind, all I can see is the settings question.
>>
>> Ah, one more post based on what I thought I had seen or written. OK,
>> what I think is missing unless I overlook something is the ability to
>> add a new tab to the project options dialog to avoid project options
>> scattered over several places.
>
> Sounds sensible to me, is a function you pass a notebook tab to add
> and one to request its removal enough?  Or do Nick or Enrico have
> better ideas?

It would be enough if you make the GtkNotebook of the dialog
accessible through GeanyMainWidgets or the GeanyProject structure (I
do something similar when adding the new tab to the sidebar through
sidebar_notebook in GeanyMainWidgets). But then the dialog should be
created when the user opens a project (and hidden) and already be
available when the project-open signal is emitted. The dialog should
also be only hidden when it is closed. I haven't checked the sources
so I don't know whether geany already does it this way or not.

Cheers,

Jiri