[Geany-devel] Git switch

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun Jun 13 12:44:45 UTC 2010

Am 13.06.2010 14:11, schrieb Frank Lanitz:

> I agree. For our current development process I don't see any big need
> to change away from SVN. It will cost a lot of effort with no extra
> profit adding.

Are you sure? I don't think it'll cost much, but it would make working
on Geany easier for the git using contributors (which seems to be the
majority).

The switch makes only sense if more people are using git than svn. If
that's not true than we should stick to svn. But if it is, then most
people need work arounds which only increase the house-keeping work
(meaning there's less time to do actual coding).

Best regards.