[Geany-devel] Build, Compile, Execute [Built Setting] for various filenanetypes extension

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Feb 23 21:54:42 UTC 2010

On 23 February 2010 22:34, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lex,
>
> Again, no sucess.
>
> In Mac OS X, 23 February build
>
> [build_settings]
> # %f will be replaced by the complete filename
> # %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
> # (use only one of it at one time)
> #compiler=/usr/local/bin/glpsol -m "%f"
> #linker=g++ -Wall -o "%e" "%f"
> run_cmd="/usr/local/bin/glpsol -m "%f""
>
> error
>
> ./geany_run_script.sh: line 5: ./filetypes: No such file or directory

Hmmmm, try configuring using the [build-menu] settings, [build_settings] is
the old format that is not necessarily properly converted in the SVN version
because it does not contain all the information that the new format needs so
some defaults are picked, but of course they might not be right.

In fact you could try configuring it with the dialog, that should write the
new section and format to your user filetype file.

Also I'd recommend that you configure the compile command, not the execute
command.  That way the output from the command is captured and shown in the
message window.  And if glpsol is consistent with the GCC error format it
will be parsed for easily jumping to the source of the error.