[Geany-devel] Opening files with command-line

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 19:17:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

Eugene Arshinov a écrit :
> Just an addition to my previous answer [1]. With current version of
> Geany (ordinary, not from SM branch), when you open a new Geany instance
> using --new-instance (or -i), you can also pass --no-session (-s) and
> the instance won't touch the session. I often use this option myself
> (my "workflow" is similar to yours).
>
> [1] <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-February/001715.html>

Very strange… if I use -s together with -i, the files in my project are
not loaded at all (it opens an empty geany window), and no error is
reported or unexpected message appears with -v. However, the project is
correctly saved.
I don't have this problem with out -s.

Is this a bug of my build (unmodified SVN r4691, then very unlikely) or
the expected behavior?

If it is related, note that I don't use geanyprj but the built-in
project support.

Regards,
Colomban