[Geany-devel] Opening files with command-line

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 15 10:03:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:40:18 +0100%
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Ah, and another thing on the topic (or close to): I think that the
> default session should probably NOT be saved if a project is opened.
> Why? because:
> 1) It is probably useless: the list of opened files is already stored
> in the project, no need to save it twice.
> 2) I often have more than one instance of Geany opened: one with the
> default session (for small stuff unrelated to a specific project, or
> to too small projects to need a project file, or for every file I
> need to edit  and close just after that, etc.) and one or more with a
> project opened. I'm used to close the Geany's instances in the right
> order - the projects, then the default session - but sometimes I do
> it wrong, and then I loose my default session to something I have
> already in a project file.

Just an addition to my previous answer [1]. With current version of
Geany (ordinary, not from SM branch), when you open a new Geany instance
using --new-instance (or -i), you can also pass --no-session (-s) and
the instance won't touch the session. I often use this option myself
(my "workflow" is similar to yours).

[1] <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-February/001715.html>

Best regards,
Eugene.