[Geany-devel] Opening files with command-line

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 19:30:17 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:17:16 +0100%
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Eugene Arshinov a écrit :
> > Just an addition to my previous answer [1]. With current version of
> > Geany (ordinary, not from SM branch), when you open a new Geany
> > instance using --new-instance (or -i), you can also pass
> > --no-session (-s) and the instance won't touch the session. I often
> > use this option myself (my "workflow" is similar to yours).
> >
> > [1] <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-February/001715.html>
> >
> Very strange… if I use -s together with -i, the files in my project
> are not loaded at all (it opens an empty geany window), and no error
> is reported or unexpected message appears with -v. However, the
> project is correctly saved.
> I don't have this problem with out -s.
>
> Is this a bug of my build (unmodified SVN r4691, then very unlikely)
> or the expected behavior?
>
> If it is related, note that I don't use geanyprj but the built-in
> project support.

This is a known bug, already discussed at geany-devel: [1]. It is fixed
in SM branch (which, I hope, will be soon finished and ready for
merging into trunk).

[1] <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-January/001655.html>

Best regards,
Eugene.