[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 09:53:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:43:59 +0000
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right that nominally the colours are different---#007f00 for
> number and #008000 for string2---, but visually the two are very much
> alike. And I feel it's counter-productive to think of strings every
> time I see a number. I am not sure that #ff901e is a good default for
> numbers, but it looks better than the current defaults.

I've actually swapped them in mine, so numbers are green and strings
are orange. That's more in keeping with the highlighting in C / C++
/ Java files.

I've attached my current filetypes.r file. This is *NOT* for inclusion
as I don't yet understand what's happening with the capitalisation, but
it does partially resolve the issue. "NULL" will appear correctly
highlighted, but so will "null" which is clearly not correct. I'm not
yet sure if it's a geany issue or a Scintilla issue so I don't know how
long it'll take to resolve.

Jon