[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 13:25:49 UTC 2010

On 2/19/10, Jon Senior <jon at restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:
>  scintilla code, but I'm not sure about it. It seems to correctly
>  include "." as part of a word, but then later excludes it (If I'm

I've been investigating filetypes.r to see if it is possible to make
Geany more friendly (when <ctrl>+right/left, selecting, double-click
selecting, etc.) toward strings containing "." (dot), and I noticed
this line:
#wordchars=_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

Changing it to
wordchars=._abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

doesn't seem to make a difference, although the documentation specifies that
"wordchars
These characters define word boundaries when making selections and
searching using word matching options."

Any ideas on what's going wrong?
Liviu