[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 07:27:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:11:58 +0000
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also tried the new filetypes.r and it is indeed better. However
> there are still some issues with the defaults:
> - for some reason NULL, Inf, NaN, FALSE and the like are not getting
> the primary keyword formatting. Perhaps because of capitals? (Open
> filetypes.r in Geany and you will quickly notice it: look for black
> within the blue line of keywords.)

I did notice that when I was tweaking it. I think the capitals are
probably to blame. Is there anyone who can confirm this?

> - some package keywords are duplicates of primary keywords, and
> probably should be removed (Open filetypes.r in Geany and you will
> quickly notice it: look for blue within the red line of keywords.)

Got them!

> - "number" and "string2" share the 0x008000 colour. "string" and
> "string2" share different colours. Since in R `'' and `"' comments are
> equivalent and interchangeable, it would makes sense for them to share
> colours. I also prefer to have "number" colour different from that of
> "string(2)". I currently use
> number=0xff901e;0xffffff;false;false
> # "blah" string
> string=0x008000;0xffffff;false;false

Interestingly in the svn copy of filetypes.r, number=0x007f00. I agree
about the strings though and I've modified it to keep them the same.
I'll have a play with these changes locally before posting the patch
here.

Jon