[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Sun Feb 21 22:11:58 UTC 2010

On 2/17/10, Jon Senior <jon at restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:
>  For my sins, I'm obliged to develop code in R, and a while back I
>  added in a tagmanager parser for R symbols. The parser is not mine, but

I just tried the new parser, and it's very helpful. Thanks!

On 2/21/10, Jon Senior <jon at restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:
> Attached! This is not truely complete as I haven't "audited" the
>  remaining keywords, but it resolves the issue that Liviu highlighted
>  in his email. I'll try and take a look at Scintilla this week.

I also tried the new filetypes.r and it is indeed better. However
there are still some issues with the defaults:
- for some reason NULL, Inf, NaN, FALSE and the like are not getting
the primary keyword formatting. Perhaps because of capitals? (Open
filetypes.r in Geany and you will quickly notice it: look for black
within the blue line of keywords.)
- some package keywords are duplicates of primary keywords, and
probably should be removed (Open filetypes.r in Geany and you will
quickly notice it: look for blue within the red line of keywords.)
- "number" and "string2" share the 0x008000 colour. "string" and
"string2" share different colours. Since in R `'' and `"' comments are
equivalent and interchangeable, it would makes sense for them to share
colours. I also prefer to have "number" colour different from that of
"string(2)". I currently use
number=0xff901e;0xffffff;false;false
# "blah" string
string=0x008000;0xffffff;false;false