[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Mon Feb 22 08:24:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:27:43 +0100
Jon Senior <jon at restlesslemon.co.uk> wrote:
> I did notice that when I was tweaking it. I think the capitals are
> probably to blame. Is there anyone who can confirm this?

OK. A little testing reveals that if the entries in filetypes.r are in
lowercase, then capitalised versions of those keywords will be
correctly highlighted.

Strangely, this implies that some aspect of the keyword storage is
case-insensitive. To be honest, I'm floundering out of my depth here.
Could someone point me in the direction of the code that loads the
keywords from the filetypes.xxx file. I've found the structures in
Scintilla that hold the keywords, but I'm not sure how they're being
populated. If I can track the process through from start to finish, I
might get a better idea as to what is going on!

Jon