[Geany-devel] Creating a new window in Geany plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 21 14:18:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:25:05 +0000, Nick wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:58:38 +0100
>Lai Hoang Nam <laihoangnam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm developping a plugin for Geany and the objective is to create a
>> window to display something (some texts...). However, the difficulty
>> is that I don't know how to insert a new window into Geany (ex: a
>> text view just below the Message Window of Geany). I have tried to
>> add something like:
>>
>> GtkWidget *view;
>> view = gtk_text_view_new();
>> gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(ui_
>> lookup_widget(geany->main_widgets->window, "vbox1")), view, TRUE,
>> TRUE, 0); gtk_widget_show(view);
>>
>> in the function plugin_init but it doesn't work as I expected.
>
>I'm still not sure why it doesn't work, but you could add a page to the
>message window notebook instead:

That was what I'd suggested as well (but didn't get to it in time).
Appending tabs to the messages window notebook is what other plugins do
as well (addons, geanygdb, maybe others) and it should less clutter
Geany's UI (and it is easier :D).