[Geany-devel] Creating a new window in Geany plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Feb 18 17:25:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:58:38 +0100
Lai Hoang Nam <laihoangnam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm developping a plugin for Geany and the objective is to create a window
> to display something (some texts...). However, the difficulty is that I
> don't know how to insert a new window into Geany (ex: a text view just below
> the Message Window of Geany). I have tried to add something like:
>
> GtkWidget *view;
> view = gtk_text_view_new();
> gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(ui_
> lookup_widget(geany->main_widgets->window, "vbox1")), view, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
> gtk_widget_show(view);
>
> in the function plugin_init but it doesn't work as I expected.

I'm still not sure why it doesn't work, but you could add a page to the
message window notebook instead:

GtkWidget *view, *notebook;
view = gtk_text_view_new();
notebook = ui_lookup_widget(geany->main_widgets->window,
	"notebook_info");
gtk_notebook_append_page(GTK_NOTEBOOK(notebook),
	view, gtk_label_new("Text View"));
gtk_widget_show(view);

Regards,
Nick