[Geany-devel] Creating a new window in Geany plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Feb 17 21:45:37 UTC 2010

On 18 February 2010 05:58, Lai Hoang Nam <laihoangnam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm developping a plugin for Geany and the objective is to create a window
> to display something (some texts...). However, the difficulty is that I
> don't know how to insert a new window into Geany (ex: a text view just below
> the Message Window of Geany). I have tried to add something like:
>
> GtkWidget *view;
> view = gtk_text_view_new();
> gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(ui_
> lookup_widget(geany->main_widgets->window, "vbox1")), view, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
> gtk_widget_show(view);
>
> in the function plugin_init but it doesn't work as I expected.

Assuming that you mean nothing shows, a couple of suggestions:

1. run Geany with the -v option and see if ui_lookup_widget is giving an
error

2. put some text in the text view, maybe vbox gives it zero size if its
empty