[Geany-devel] R lexer should consider "." (dot) as part of word

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 12 12:10:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:53:25 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > #wordchars=_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

> > > wordchars=._abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

The R wordchars setting including '.' is being overridden by the
default filetypes.common whitespace_chars setting, which includes '.'.

If you remove '.' from whitespace_chars then it seems to work, but that
affects all filetypes word boundary definition:
http://www.geany.org/manual/index.html#id6

There is no per-filetype whitespace_chars setting.

Regards,
Nick