[Geany-devel] R lexer should consider "." (dot) as part of word

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Thu Aug 12 13:14:43 UTC 2010

Hello Nick
Thanks for looking into this.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:10:34 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> The R wordchars setting including '.' is being overridden by the
> default filetypes.common whitespace_chars setting, which includes '.'.
>
> If you remove '.' from whitespace_chars then it seems to work, but
> that affects all filetypes word boundary definition:
> http://www.geany.org/manual/index.html#id6

Strangely, I cannot get this to work. I have the following
sh>cat "/home/liviu/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.common" | grep -i
sh>whitespace_chars  (21739)
#whitespace_chars=\s\t!\"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\\]^`{|}~
sh>cat ... /filedefs/filetypes.common" | grep -i whitespace_chars
sh>(21739) returned '0'

but upon restart Geany still doesn't consider a "." as part of the word,
either for R or for "untitled" files. Also,
filetypes.r is the default one shipped with Geany. I must be doing smth
wrong.

> There is no per-filetype whitespace_chars setting.

Should I file a bug report? Regards
Liviu