[Geany-devel] Open files in Geany at the same workspace

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Thu Aug 12 03:45:45 UTC 2010

Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

> It's not about that. On session restart, the workspace of the _root_
> window may be 0 or # for all instances. That's legal and normal under
> XSMP, my 2nd mail from yesterday describes why.
>
> > Is that something you regularly do?
>
> Yes, because I use a patched Geany with session management. But even
> without it, on restart all instances connect to the same socket. This
> patch may work properly only if combined with a sm which always stores
> --socket-file in the session (current sm-s don't do that).

But shouldn't the SM save the workspace the geany instance was running
on for each geany instance? And if the SM saves the old workspace number
and restarts it on the same workspace number, won't geany just do the
right thing and create the socket as needed?

Sorry, i'm trying not to sound too dumb here, but I had never heard
of XSMP and know little about session management.

Erik