[Geany-devel] Open files in Geany at the same workspace

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Aug 11 10:22:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:27:43 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
>
> > Problematic. The patch per se is fine, but...
> >
> > I have two Geany-s open: one on ws0, and another on ws1. After
> > restarting, they both connect to socket ws#, where # is the workspace
> > that was active when I was logging out. [...]
>
> When a geany instance exits, it deletes its
>
>      ~/.config/geany/geany_socket_xxx_yyy_0_wsz
>
> socket. The only way I could see that these sockets remain [...]

It's not about that. On session restart, the workspace of the _root_
window may be 0 or # for all instances. That's legal and normal under
XSMP, my 2nd mail from yesterday describes why.

> Is that something you regularly do?

Yes, because I use a patched Geany with session management. But even
without it, on restart all instances connect to the same socket. This
patch may work properly only if combined with a sm which always stores
--socket-file in the session (current sm-s don't do that).

--
E-gards: Jimmy