[Geany-devel] Open files in Geany at the same workspace

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Wed Aug 11 06:27:43 UTC 2010

Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

> Problematic. The patch per se is fine, but...
>
> I have two Geany-s open: one on ws0, and another on ws1. After
> restarting, they both connect to socket ws#, where # is the workspace
> that was active when I was logging out. Consequently, one of them
> becomes new instance.

When a geany instance exits, it deletes its

     ~/.config/geany/geany_socket_xxx_yyy_0_wsz

socket. The only way I could see that these sockets remain
across logout/login was if you don't kill your geany instances
before you log out.

Is that the case?

Is that something you regularly do?

Erik