[Geany-devel] Open files in Geany at the same workspace

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Aug 10 09:43:24 UTC 2010

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:12:52 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> An updated version of my patch is attached.

Problematic. The patch per se is fine, but...

I have two Geany-s open: one on ws0, and another on ws1. After
restarting, they both connect to socket ws#, where # is the workspace
that was active when I was logging out. Consequently, one of them
becomes new instance.

Seems that my xfce session manager / window manager restarts
the applications using the root window on ws#. That may be to speedup
the session start or view ws# ASAP. Of course, all Geany-s are
placed on their proper workspaces.

Your patch would have worked if it could get Geany main window's ws,
but that's a catch 22: the socket is checked to see if a main window
should be open.

My script has the same flaw, but I'm using it with a Geany patched
for X11 session management, which remembers the --socket-file option.
However, with your patch instead of the script, no such option is
passed/remembered.

Needless to say, I checked the patch both with and without full X11
session management. It doesn't make any difference.

--
E-gards: Jimmy