[Geany-devel] GtkRecentManager slowness - Re: [patch] Improved documents list sorting

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Apr 29 16:19:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:46:45 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Yes, I think it could be a (hidden?) option at least until it got fixed
> >at the GTK level. Note that anyway it is only available if Geany was
> >compiled against GTK >= 2.12.
>
> Which is probably true for most Geany users (using GTK >= 2.12).

(After a quick Grep it seems to me it's 2.10, not 2.12).

> Maybe we could generally disable calling gtk_recent_manager_add_item()
> when opening more than one file at once because maybe the user doesn't
> want to have them added at all. Though, no idea if this is a valid
> assumption and also no idea how to verify it :).

I think this is a better workaround until the GTK bug is fixed. In
fact, we might keep the workaround for e.g. 2.10, 2.12, etc if the fix
is only in the most recent version(s).

Regards,
Nick