[Geany-devel] [patch] Improved documents list sorting

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 29 15:46:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:08:47 +0200, Colomban wrote:

>Thomas Martitz a écrit :
>>> 40 seconds for 235 files here. Still largely annoying, I frequently
>>> switch projects which is basically a pain. This 235 are part of a
>>> project. A real one which I use, not just a test case.
>>>
>>> Can the recent manager be disabled for projects? The files are
>>> collected in projects and there's the recent project list, so I
>>> don't see a need to add files that belong to a project to the
>>> recent files list.

For project files, gtk_recent_manager_add_item() isn't called at all.
It is only used when opening single files.

>Yes, I think it could be a (hidden?) option at least until it got fixed
>at the GTK level. Note that anyway it is only available if Geany was
>compiled against GTK >= 2.12.

Which is probably true for most Geany users (using GTK >= 2.12).

Maybe we could generally disable calling gtk_recent_manager_add_item()
when opening more than one file at once because maybe the user doesn't
want to have them added at all. Though, no idea if this is a valid
assumption and also no idea how to verify it :).
But it would kinda workaround the bug in the current implementation.