[Geany-devel] Geany.txt cleanup

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 29 18:57:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:58:42 +1000, Lex wrote:

Hey,

>>> Some of the default key combinations cannot be changed, e.g.
>>> menu_new TODO which ones? and are they actually prevented or just
>>> *should* not
>>>be
>>> changed or menu_open. These are set by GTK and should be kept, but
>>> you can
>>
>> AFAIK these are the GTK stock menu items and can't be changed, at
>> least not without noticeable efforts/hacks.
>> Do we need to describe this even further?
>>

>Unfortunately? they can be changed, I just went to keybindings
>preferences and redefined new as alt-n, both ctrl-n and alt-n worked
>as new. Then defined ctrl-n as save as and it worked as save as not as
>new and alt-n still worked as new..  And such changes to keybindings
>save and re-load.

Ok, then my memories lied at me :).
But at least I was partially right: the displayed accelerators on the
stock menu items are not updated, not even after a restart.

>Thats why I thought it should say you *should* not change them because
>the program doesn't actually prevent you from doing so and *cannot*
>means that the program will stop you changing them.

Yes, but it's just a minor technical difference, I'd say. Though, if
you feel like expressing the text more descriptive, patches are
much welcome :).

>> The other TODOs have been removed and replaced with proper content, I
>> hope :). And finally, it's getting committed soon.
>>

>Thanks and apologies to translators who have to go through it again :-)

There are no official translations available of the documentation,
official here means those we would know of.