[Geany-devel] COBOL syntax highlighting and filetype support

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Sep 12 16:32:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:57:11 -0400
Seth Keiper <erstazi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Have you seen the HACKING file?
> >

> Yes, this is where I got the info to add the COBOL lexr

OK, it mentions about checking the Scintilla project first, but after
several recent patches I just added a clearer warning.

> > A few points:
> > We use an unmodified version of Scintilla - any changes to the COBOL
> > lexer should be passed to Scintilla before we apply them. Using the C
> > lexer style constants also means we don't have to update and maintain
> > the cobol copies in editor.c.
> >
> I will submit this new lexer to the Scintilla project after the
> changes are made.

I wasn't clear; there's already a COBOL scintilla lexer - so I think
the Scintilla maintainer would only accept a patch to improve the
existing one.

Regards,
Nick