[Geany-devel] COBOL syntax highlighting and filetype support

Seth Keiper erstazi at xxxxx
Tue Sep 15 01:07:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:57:11 -0400
> Seth Keiper <erstazi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Have you seen the HACKING file?
>> >

>> Yes, this is where I got the info to add the COBOL lexr
>
> OK, it mentions about checking the Scintilla project first, but after
> several recent patches I just added a clearer warning.

Thanks, I really just want to contribute back as much as I am possible.

>> > A few points:
>> > We use an unmodified version of Scintilla - any changes to the COBOL
>> > lexer should be passed to Scintilla before we apply them. Using the C
>> > lexer style constants also means we don't have to update and maintain
>> > the cobol copies in editor.c.
>> >
>> I will submit this new lexer to the Scintilla project after the
>> changes are made.
>
> I wasn't clear; there's already a COBOL scintilla lexer - so I think
> the Scintilla maintainer would only accept a patch to improve the
> existing one.

Awesome, I see this in scintzilla 2.01. what needs to happen to get this merged?