[Geany-devel] geany-plugins release GTK version / build fixes / NEWS

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Sep 3 12:05:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:12:42 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Just wondering about some things for plugins in the geany-plugins
> release. (This doesn't apply for any plugins in SVN that aren't part
> of the release).
>
> Should there be a common minimum version for GTK/GLib? I think this
> might be a good idea.

I agree. Should be the same as Geany's in my opinion.

> Also for small obvious fixes to plugins (e.g. to get them to build),
> should we just commit them ourselves rather than going through the
> maintainer (that might be too busy to respond for a while)?

Its hard to say where to stop as some fixes will need some more than
changing two line

> Another thing is whether we have a common NEWS file for the release. I
> think we should; it could be updated by each plugin author with any
> notable changes. Chow or someone else/me could have the right to
> edit/remove anything in it if it's too big or unclear.

I agree.

cheers,
Frank
--