[Geany-devel] Calltip and autocomplete interaction

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 11:48:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:36:13 +1000, Lex wrote:

>2009/7/26 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:26:54 +0200
>> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:42:03 +1000, Lex wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,

>>> We definitely need keyboards with way more than 105 keys, basic
>>> design failure :).
>>
>> Would this a good point to mention that I like to have emacs
>> keybinding feeling? ;)
>
>http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/   best damn emacs emulation I
>know :-D
>
>Seriously though, it is because people are different that
>configurability of UIs is important.  Emacs sequences are a perfectly
>valid solution to the problem.  Unfortunately the GTK infrastructure
>doesn't seem to support sequences as shortcuts.

And its meant to be used differently. There are different goals. So,
please stop talking about making Geany emacs-like.
There is just no point in and so only wasted time talking about it.