[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Jul 25 20:30:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:16 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:19:41 +1000, Lex wrote:
>

> >>And then get it into trunk for a wider audience.
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if it is worth to make another release before merging
> >> the branch or to do it before.
> >> Doing a releasing before merging would make the release more stable
> >> probably and gives us more time to test the new code.
> >> OTOH merging the branch soon and delaying a possible new release a
> >> bit is maybe better for the users because they don't need to wait
> >> for another release cycle to see the new and fancy build system
> >> code :).
> >>
> >> Any opinions?
> >> I tend to merge it and then make a release.
> >>

> >I guess it depends when you are planning the next release.  What else
> >is already in trunk or planned?  Is that enough for a release?  If so
> >I'd tend to small release quickly then we have time otherwise it
> >might be a while until the release.
>
> Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
> trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still
> needs to be discussed.
> Hold on, I'll post with news soon.

Are there any points on this I might missed? ;)
As it appears the branch is already working well (beside the mentioned
points) I think we should do a release just in front of. In case of
there are major issues after merging to trunk, a maintenance release
without feature can be build up using a commit before submitting the
changes inside a new branch. Just in case of.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>