[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 00:52:08 UTC 2009

2009/7/26 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:16 +0200

>> >I guess it depends when you are planning the next release.  What else
>> >is already in trunk or planned?  Is that enough for a release?  If so
>> >I'd tend to small release quickly then we have time otherwise it
>> >might be a while until the release.
>>
>> Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
>> trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still
>> needs to be discussed.
>> Hold on, I'll post with news soon.
>
> Are there any points on this I might missed? ;)
> As it appears the branch is already working well (beside the mentioned
> points) I think we should do a release just in front of. In case of
> there are major issues after merging to trunk, a maintenance release
> without feature can be build up using a commit before submitting the
> changes inside a new branch. Just in case of.

Hi Frank,

The actual merge shouldn't be much trouble, I'm now merging trunk into
the branch each week.  That still requires some manual intervention,
which I have so far demonstrated twice is a source of error.  What
sort of worries me is the list of merges that svn thinks are ok and
does automatically.  Just because they merge doesn't say they are
right.

So a good debugging time in trunk is important.  As you said releasing
trunk before the merge will allow that time without the current
release getting too stale.