[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN
enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jul 18 14:54:16 UTC 2009
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:19:41 +1000, Lex wrote:
>>And then get it into trunk for a wider audience.
>> I'm wondering if it is worth to make another release before merging
>> the branch or to do it before.
>> Doing a releasing before merging would make the release more stable
>> probably and gives us more time to test the new code.
>> OTOH merging the branch soon and delaying a possible new release a
>> bit is maybe better for the users because they don't need to wait for
>> another release cycle to see the new and fancy build system code :).
>> Any opinions?
>> I tend to merge it and then make a release.
>I guess it depends when you are planning the next release. What else
>is already in trunk or planned? Is that enough for a release? If so
>I'd tend to small release quickly then we have time otherwise it might
>be a while until the release.
Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still needs
to be discussed.
Hold on, I'll post with news soon.
>Need time for test + time for test in the trunk, plus any impact on
>translation since I havn't really tracked how many strings have been
Don't worry about translations. Usually we do a string freeze one or
two weeks before doing a release so translators have time to update.
>TODO List (Major items only)
>I don't know what the impact on plugins is yet, I tried to build the
Any problems will quickly show up once the code is in trunk.
>Has anyone tried to build it on Windows? I don't have windows build
I will try building it on Windows next week. I don't expect much
problems, at least not more than usual with build stuff on Windows...:)
Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Devel