[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 17:03:33 UTC 2009

Eugene Arshinov schrieb:
> Hi Enrico.
>
>> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:04 +0400, Eugene wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
>>> abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful
>>> while editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you
>>> don't like when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With
>>> these
>>
>> Even after reading the Scintilla docs and your comments in the code, I
>> fail to see any use of these commands. But nevertheless, I guess there
>> is a proper use otherwise these commands wouldn't exist in Scintilla
>> and you wouldn't have spent time adding them to Geany :).
> >
>> So, my question is: do we really need/want this in Geany itself?
>> Alternatively, you could add them to a plugin even though creating
>> and maintaining a plugin because of two keybindings is a bit much.
>> So, a third alternative could be that you add your code as part of the
>> addons plugins, which aims to collect such small changes which aren't
>> worth an own plugin.
>
> If the patch won't be included in geany, the third alternative will do.
>

>> OTOH, we could also integrate the patch into Geany itself if it's just
>> me who can't make any use of this :).
>>

> I suppose if anybody needed this patch, he would already post a reply
> before :)
>
> Best regards,
> Eugene.

A project I'm involved in enforces the 80-char limit, so it would be of
use for me. The problem would probably be the indentation still, since I
prefer a wider indentation for lines which are split for the 80-char
limit reason (2x4 spaces more than the line which was split has).

Best regards.