[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 17:00:02 UTC 2009

Hi Enrico.

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:04 +0400, Eugene wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
>> abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful while
>> editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you don't like
>> when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With these
>
> Even after reading the Scintilla docs and your comments in the code, I
> fail to see any use of these commands. But nevertheless, I guess there
> is a proper use otherwise these commands wouldn't exist in Scintilla
> and you wouldn't have spent time adding them to Geany :).
 >
> So, my question is: do we really need/want this in Geany itself?
> Alternatively, you could add them to a plugin even though creating
> and maintaining a plugin because of two keybindings is a bit much.
> So, a third alternative could be that you add your code as part of the
> addons plugins, which aims to collect such small changes which aren't
> worth an own plugin.

If the patch won't be included in geany, the third alternative will do.

> OTOH, we could also integrate the patch into Geany itself if it's just
> me who can't make any use of this :).

I suppose if anybody needed this patch, he would already post a reply
before :)

Best regards,
Eugene.