[Geany-devel] Resetting menu accels - Re: Super modifier in keybindings - Re: Strange Geany behavior

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 14 11:32:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:27:06 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've no objection to this, but I probably won't implement overriding
> > stock accelerators myself.
>
> Sorry I don't think I was clear.
> What I was trying to say was that overriding them will work the same
> as other accelerators, so no specific implementation is needed.
> In fact specific action is needed to prevent users overriding them,
> like the original suggestion of taking them out of the keybinding
> menu, and I was trying to say that I didn't think it was appropriate
> or  worth the effort.

Well, you have to pass the existing accelerator key + modifier to be
able to remove one, so you would need some extra code to lookup the
stock accelerator and remove it at startup.

Regards,
Nick