[Geany-devel] Resetting menu accels - Re: Super modifier in keybindings - Re: Strange Geany behavior

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 15 01:12:58 UTC 2009

2009/8/14 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:27:06 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > I've no objection to this, but I probably won't implement overriding
>> > stock accelerators myself.
>>
>> Sorry I don't think I was clear.
>> What I was trying to say was that overriding them will work the same
>> as other accelerators, so no specific implementation is needed.
>> In fact specific action is needed to prevent users overriding them,
>> like the original suggestion of taking them out of the keybinding
>> menu, and I was trying to say that I didn't think it was appropriate
>> or  worth the effort.
>
> Well, you have to pass the existing accelerator key + modifier to be
> able to remove one, so you would need some extra code to lookup the
> stock accelerator and remove it at startup.

Well I was assuming that since they are already in the keybinding menu
they are looked up from somewhere and that would just stay the same
:-)

Interestingly I just realised that my test program is using its own
accel group to remove the standard accelerator, but it works!!!
Probably should get the global accel group though.
Who knows, maybe they just better be taken out the keybinding menu and
forbidden.  sigh :-S

Comments in the GTK+ bug list seem to show that the developers of GTK
are somewhat unhappy with the mess of the accel code and associated
bugs, erm undocumented features.  I guess these are some of them ;-)