[Geany-devel] Geany Plugin with Libxml

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Aug 7 17:08:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:45:56 +0200
Cédric Tabin <tabin.cedric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello geany-guys :)
>
> I come back to you with my (very) small plugin. It allows you to
> (very) quickly format an XML. The following :
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><root id="543"><!-- This is a
> simple XML sample --><geany user="aname"><var
> id="name">Cedric</var><var
> very funny => Drink our milk :-)]]></comments></root>
>
> becomes in one click something like that :
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <root id="543">
>   <!-- This is a simple XML sample -->
>   <geany user="aname">
>     <var id="name">Cedric</var>
>     <var id="country">Switzerland</var>
>   </geany>
>   <comments><![CDATA[Our cows are very funny => Drink our milk
> :-)]]></comments>
> </root>

Cool.

> Be sure I'll release the source code on my blog as soon as I'm finish
> with it :) For now I got some questions for you guys :
> - How can I set the document type ? Ideally, you copy-paste your XML
> into geany, click on th eplugin-button, it parses the file and set
> the document type to XML... I'm just lost into the doc...

I guess you are looking for document_set_filetype() described here:
http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/document_8h.html#7a2f2bfa1c9fe7d9472466e895c251f6

> - I compile and run my plugin with Geany 0.16 on Gentoo with libxml2.
> I sent my .so file to a friend who is on Ubuntu and he tells me that
> it doesn't appear in the Plugin Manager :( I just joined the .so file
> in this mail, so if someon can tell me a bit more about that...

Its most likely that the so file will be not binary compatible with
Geany from Ubuntu due different build of Geany. Recompiling should
work. Maybe you should also send the .c file to the devel list as most
of ppl around will have the same issues.

> And a last information : if someone read french, I just wrote a
> little blog post
> <http://www.astorm.ch/blog/index.php?post/2009/06/23/Pugin-Geany> on
> how to simply do a plugin on Geany. Hope it helps !

Unfortunately I can't understand any French beside Tarte Flambé ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/