[Geany-devel] Geany Plugin with Libxml

Cédric Tabin tabin.cedric at xxxxx
Fri Aug 7 16:45:56 UTC 2009

Hello geany-guys :)

I come back to you with my (very) small plugin. It allows you to (very)
quickly format an XML. The following :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><root id="543"><!-- This is a simple
funny => Drink our milk :-)]]></comments></root>

becomes in one click something like that :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root id="543">
  <!-- This is a simple XML sample -->
  <geany user="aname">
    <var id="name">Cedric</var>
    <var id="country">Switzerland</var>
  </geany>
  <comments><![CDATA[Our cows are very funny => Drink our milk
:-)]]></comments>
</root>

Be sure I'll release the source code on my blog as soon as I'm finish with
it :) For now I got some questions for you guys :
- How can I set the document type ? Ideally, you copy-paste your XML into
geany, click on th eplugin-button, it parses the file and set the document
type to XML... I'm just lost into the doc...
- I compile and run my plugin with Geany 0.16 on Gentoo with libxml2. I sent
my .so file to a friend who is on Ubuntu and he tells me that it doesn't
appear in the Plugin Manager :( I just joined the .so file in this mail, so
if someon can tell me a bit more about that...

And a last information : if someone read french, I just wrote a little blog
post <http://www.astorm.ch/blog/index.php?post/2009/06/23/Pugin-Geany> on
how to simply do a plugin on Geany. Hope it helps !

Thanks & Best regards,
Cedric Tabin