[Geany-devel] tab close icon - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[3244] trunk

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 23 16:10:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:43:45 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>> The current code is pretty much the same as what Midori and Gedit are
>> using so I thought it might be safe and works on most systems.
>
>Maybe it works OK on newer GTK versions, I have 2.8 here. My GEdit is
>2.14 and it has a cropped close button. But if it works fine on newer
>GTK versions, I say lets just leave it at that. It might be impossible
>to get it perfect on all gtk versions.

As Colomban confirmed, it happens also with newer GTK versions. I'm
using 2.14 but on Windows I used 2.12 to test this.
Anyway, I added back the sizing code for non-Windows systems, so it
should work at least as good as before.
If it doesn't, the change to use gtk_button_set_image() seems to be
involved.

>> Nick, could you check which value GTK_ICON_SIZE_MENU has on your
>> system?
>
>Not sure how to do that.

See the attached file.
By default the menu icon size is 16x16, probably you have the same
value. I'm still not sure what's causing the different behaviour.