[Geany-devel] Search in files & encodings

Walery Studennikov despairr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 13 08:18:50 UTC 2008

2008/11/12 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:39:27 +0400, "Walery Studennikov"
> <despairr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>There is a problem with "Search in files" when searching text in
>>non-latin charsets
>>and current locale charset is different from charset of files in the
>>project. For example, charset of files is cp1251 and current locale is
>>utf8.
>
> Delete those files and always use UTF-8 :).
> (j/k)

I would be happy if full migration to UTF8 will take only a few days ;)

>>May be we can introduce new option "charset" in Project options
>>and so we should be able to recode files while performing a search?
>
> Well, why in the project options?
> If we really need such an option, it should be in the Find in Files
> dialog. But I'm not really convinced of this.

Yes.

> Just to clarify: you are talking about wrongly displayed search results
> in the messages window at the bottom when searching in files with a
> non-UTF-8 encoding?

No. Just nothing found (bacause we searching in wrong encoding).

> What is your general system locale? cp1251 or UTF-8?

General system locale -- UTF-8.
Project files locale -- cp1251.

--
Walery Studennikov