[Geany-devel] Search in files & encodings

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Nov 12 19:24:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:39:27 +0400, "Walery Studennikov"
<despairr at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>There is a problem with "Search in files" when searching text in
>non-latin charsets
>and current locale charset is different from charset of files in the
>project. For example, charset of files is cp1251 and current locale is
>utf8.

Delete those files and always use UTF-8 :).
(j/k)

>May be we can introduce new option "charset" in Project options
>and so we should be able to recode files while performing a search?

Well, why in the project options?
If we really need such an option, it should be in the Find in Files
dialog. But I'm not really convinced of this.

Just to clarify: you are talking about wrongly displayed search results
in the messages window at the bottom when searching in files with a
non-UTF-8 encoding?

What is your general system locale? cp1251 or UTF-8?